CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Reason #6243 to Hate McD's Playland!

Drew just turned 5 last week! (How did that happen?!) We had a meeting that morning and Chris had to work until late, so I decided to invite a bunch of our friends to McDonald's for lunch and fun in the "PlayPlace". All was good and fun, with only a minor argument over who got to sit in the "King's" chair...the birthday boy, of course. The bigger kids were helping the little ones get up into the playplace and at some point Caleb made it up to the top...only the 2nd time he's been up there and outcome not so good that first time! (Didn't know Chris could fit up into that thing to chase after Caleb until that day!)
Well, lunch was coming to an end and everyone was slowly leaving to get home for naptimes and stuff. I gave Drew and Caleb the "5 minute" warning and gathered our stuff together. Everyone else was gone and I continued to call up to my "always obedient" boys that it was time to come down so we could go. 5 minutes went by, 10, 15, 20....I could not get Caleb to come down. I finally decided that my only hope of leaving McDonalds that day was to climb up and meet Caleb on one of his trips around the tunnels. I waited for my moment to attack and grab him. I attacked, grabbed, wrestled, attempted to reason, all while sitting up in the top of the tower in the playplace.
Oh, wait, let's take a step back...the play area was NOT empty. Several families were there enjoying lunch with their kids that were not refusing to come out of the playplace. After one of my many attempts to call up to Caleb to get him to come down, Drew calls out to me...."Mommmmeeeeeee, Caleb's poopy!" (Oh, doesn't that just bring music to every parent's ears!)
Okay, so back to the top of the tower. I decide to peek into Caleb's diaper just to see the extent of his "poopyness". Somehow, in his wrestling to get free from me, he wiggled out of his pants. Now my poopy child is only wearing a diaper. I begin to drag him down each level of the tower, with him screaming and kicking the whole way. (And he's not one of those skinny, lightweight kids that 4'11" moms should have either!)
We FINALLY make it down the tower. While I'm trying to catch my breath, Caleb wiggles free, takes off and climbs up the slide! What?!
I take some deep breaths, sit down, want to die and suddenly see him come down the slide a little bit. I run to stand guard next to the slide and grab him when he makes it down far enough (he was sliding down a little and then climbing back up again). Finally I get a hold of him. He's grabbing at my hair, my face, my earrings, hitting me, crying, kicking. I try to wrestle his shoes on him, gather all our "luggage", make NO eye contact with anyone else in the restaurant, and get us out to the car as fast as possible.
Oh, life is exciting! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Swagbucks